Secondary Navigation Menu
Home > Years > 1966
- Onset of the great Chinese cultural revolution, resulting in the death of a massive number of Chinese.
- Death in California of Walt Disney at age 65; he created a new film genre known as cartoons.
- Pablo Picasso, the famous Spanish painter, celebrates his 85th birthday and Paris honours him, organizing an impressive retrospect of his work. Never before have so many works of the same artist been brought together in one location.
- In California, the first hippy communities emerge.
- Death of André Breton, the founder of Surrealism, at age 70